Monday, January 12, 2015

Day 12 Recycled Art and The Buckeyes WIN!

The weaved painting process has a hold on me.  So I took this old painting:
Chopped it in half and cut one half into horizontal strips and the other half into vertical strips.  The strips are 1/2 inch in width.
I turned it over and wove the strips together blank side up (my mind can't handle the distraction of the image not going together perfectly, it is just mechanical motion to do it blank side up) while I watched the Buckeyes beat the Ducks.

I knew the image would not be like the image I started with, I thought the face would be more visible than it is, but I'm pleasantly surprised by the outcome.  I think this woman is resting her head on her own chest! I have a funny feeling a few more paintings are going to meet the paper cutter before I get this out of my system.  This 30 paintings in 30 days challenge is taking me off on some interesting tangents.  I'm so glad I signed up for it!
I added some marker coloring to bring the face out a little bit. You can barely make it out on the left of the weaving in this picture. I was in the light of the TV and when I turned on the real lights I realized I had used metallic marker!  It adds that little surprise color that just makes a painting, right?

I'm having a blast, hope you are too!

4 comments:

  1. Wow - that was brave, but very much worth it - the result is glorious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. I can see her face embedded in there on the left side. So cool, Laurel!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Myra. This process feeds my OCD and I'm just eating it up.

      Delete