Monday, January 5, 2015

Day 5 Not in the Original Plan

I planned to do a painting a day for this challenge, but am changing the plan already.  I finished one of my "normal" paintings today so I am using it as my painting of the day.  I have been sporadically painting on it for about 6 months, which is "normal" for my large, 4 foot x 5 foot paintings like this one.

Here's painting 5 of 30

Laurel Bahe 5 of 30
4 feet x 5 feet Acrylic
$1800
I start by painting textures all over the canvas using stamps, stencils, brushes, found objects, just about anything that gives me a texture or pattern I like.  I use photoshop to layout and then I block in the subject and background. I negative paint and continue to add patterns and textures until I'm happy with result.

Here are some close up shots:








I use Gallery Wrapped Canvas and paint around the edge.  I like the unframed look.

I haven't named this one yet.  Any suggestions?


4 comments:

  1. I just love this painting, and the shear size, wow - thanks for sharing the details, it just pops off the 30 in 30 shared works!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! what a fun owl...love his crazy cool eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the depth you have achieved with so many layers - and the colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tammie, this challenge is so much fun! It is my first and I love all the art/artists I am meeting.

      Delete