Sunday, January 11, 2015

I have totally lost it...

I was browsing the posts of paintings in this 30 paintings in 30 days challenge and I came across woven paintings by Ebba Jahn, http://ebbajahnprojects.blogspot.com .  I was intrigued so I painted two similar Nuns and cut them up to weave together:


 I'm certain I did a weaving project in third grade or sometime in my childhood, but I felt like a 5 year-old trying to get it right but having a joyous time getting it so wrong!  Giggling at my clumsiness I turned it over and wove it upside down, blank side up, with my little numbers on each strip in order.  I played with pulling each strip up, down, left, right and made some crazy faces, none of them really aligned properly!  It was kind of like trying to do a rubix cube (which I have done once by following internet instructions) but much more fun.  I decided that because the images were only similar, not exact duplicates, it would never be perfect. But I love it anyway!  And I love the look on my husband's face when I tell him I'm having so much fun and just fascinated by this process!  Here's how I taped her up, I think she is imperfectly fun.


I printed off two copies of a painting I did a couple days ago and since they were exact duplicates I was able to make them line up better:


Of course I was not happy with that artistically so I played around with it and will probably never stop messing with it, here how I left it for the night:


Yes, I've totally lost "it", whatever "it" is, but I'm sure having fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment